Animal and Aquacultural Sciences
Salmonid biology conference, Oslo, June 2012
Janne Karin Brodin
Abstract submission The abstract submission deadline has been extended to Monday 5th March.
The 1st International Conference on Integrative Salmonid Biology (ICISB
) will be held in Oslo, Norway, on June 17th – 20th, 2012 and is intended to provide a forum to discuss recent developments and future plans for salmonid biology and genomics.
ICISB 2012 is organized by the Executive Scientific Committee of the International Cooperation to Sequence the Atlantic Salmon Genome (ICSASG). Staff at UMB’s Dept. of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences are acting as national coordinator.
It is likely that genomic information generated by the salmon and rainbow trout sequencing efforts will have a significant impact on how we approach research on wild and domesticated salmonids across a broad range of themes. With both sequencing efforts approaching completion it is timely that the salmonid community comes together to explore as broadly as possible the opportunities that will emerge from the availability of the sequences, and to highlight scientific challenges that will require concerted international efforts in the years to come. Main topics:
• Salmonid genomics and bioinformatics
• Molecular ecology and evolution of salmonids
• Sex determination and sex-specific recombination in salmonids
• Salmonid immune system, pathogens and vaccine development
• Environmental and conservation biology of wild salmonids
• Physiology and nutrition
• Breeding, QTL detection and genomic selection
• Life history biology of salmonids Programme, keynote speakers, registration and call for abstracts:
Please see http://www.icisb.org/
• Deadline for abstract submission: 29 February
• Deadline for early registration: 31 March
Updated: 29.02.12Printerfriendly version
Del med en venn: