UMB School of Economics and Business
Shuling Chen Lillemo
The required coursework component of the PhD programme in Economics is 60 ECTS.
In collaboration with the supervisor, the doctoral student will assemble the course package. This is part of the study plan and must be approved by the Department. Depending on their background, PhD candidates may also be required to take some courses at a lower level prior to formal enrolment in the PhD programme.
These are the options for completing the coursework component :
- UMB PhD courses: Here is the complete list of PhD courses offered at UMB.
- National research schools UMB participates in the National Research School in Economics (PhD-courses and workshops in economics) and the National Research School in Business Economics and Administration Both offer relevant courses. Funding may be available to cover travel and accommodation costs for participants.
- Partner universities. PhD students may also include courses from other universities in their course package, for example, from the nearby University of Oslo, and University of Gothenburg.
- NOVA courses. The Nordic Forestry, Veterinary and Agricultural University Network - NOVA offers PhD courses on a wide range of topics. NOVA courses are taught by leading researchers and are great meeting places for PhD students working in similar scientific fields. Courses are free of charge (including accommodation) for PhD students registered on any of the NOVA member universities/faculties. Students from other universities are welcome on a space available basis, but must pay course fee and accommodation.
- Courses at other universities. Courses at other universities may also be included in the coursework component of the degree at UMB.
Updated: 01.12.10Printerfriendly version
Del med en venn: