General description of the quality assurance system
The Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB) has defined clear objectives for its quality assurance system: The system shall guarantee that students spend their time at UMB effectively and receive an education of high academic quality. This is the description of The System for Quality Assurance for Education at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences. The web-pages are under continuously construction.
Visions and objectives for quality assurance work at UMB
The quality assurance system at UMB shall be credible and contribute to realising the institution’s vision for its educational activities: UMB will continue and develop interdisciplinary approaches in education as one of the characteristics of UMB's education. To maintain the quality of education and ensure opportunities for new courses, UMB will ensure better utilisation of teaching capacity, develop better coordination course offers between the departments, improve the administrative procedures and increase the investment in new teaching methods and new academic content.
(UMB's Strategy 2010-2013)
The UMB's Education Strategy 2005-2010 on education further states:UMB shall educated candidates who provide society with new knowledge within the university's academic areas and contribute to attend to the community's needs for sustainable development. The education should have a clear international perspective. UMB shall contribute to lifelong learning and enhance competence in business and society.
The Norwegian University of Life Sciences provides socially relevant, up-to-date and accredited educational programs.
UMB`s highest governing body, the University Board, has confirmed that
…the quality assurance system shall guarantee that students spend their time at UMB effectively and receive an education of high academic quality.
With this in mind, the quality assurance system for UMB’s educational activities is based on the following intermediate objectives:
• Securing that UMB’s education maintains the desired quality
• Enhancing quality development throughout the entire institution
• Documenting quality assurance work and uncovering quality failures
UMB will achieve the following through the work with the quality assurance system for education:
• facilitate for democratic and transparent decision making
• facilitate for increased quality, efficiency, environmental focus and time relevance in the studies
• at all times have a current job descriptions and procedures for education
• High-quality routines to capture, process, and follow-up deviation
• facilitate for appropriate information about the quality assurance work throughout the organisation
• prepare "The Annual Report on the Quality of Education"
UMB has defined 8 quality areas considered critical for the students learning achievements: QUALITY AREAS:
1 Admission quality
3 Educational provision
4 Academical resources and student support
5 The total learning environment
6 Doctorate degree training
Updated: 15.03.13Printerfriendly version
Del med en venn: